Avoriaz and the Portes du Soleil are one of the world's most popular summer mountain destinations. This is partly thanks to around 22 lifts that operate during the season, giving access to over 600km of marked mountain bike trails, 800km of hiking paths, 400km of trail running routes, 400 mountain chalets and 10 mountain lakes.
Deals & discounted lift passes in Avoriaz
Are there any summer lift pass discounts and deals in Avoriaz?
The Portes du Soleil offers the MultiPass, which provides access to a whole host of activities and facilities across its 12 resorts at a discounted price in the summer.
Portes du Soleil MultiPass
The Portes du Soleil MultiPass gives you access to the following activities and facilities:
- All pedestrian mountain lifts: 21 locations throughout the Portes du Soleil, bringing the summits within easy reach and making it possible to travel from one village resort to another and across different valleys easily.
- Swimming pools and bathing lakes: Châtel, Morzine, Champéry, Morgins, Les Gets and Montriond.
- Cultural centres: Aulps Abbey Discovery Centre in St Jean d'Aulps, Les Gets Mechanical Music Museum, Abondance's Maison du Val, Abondance's Abbey, Troistorrents' Vieux Moulins de la Tine.
- Ice rinks: Châtel, Champéry and Morzine.
- Tennis centres: Abondance, Avoriaz, La Chapelle d'Abondance, Châtel, Morzine, Les Gets, Vallée d'Aulps (2 courts), Champéry and Morgins.
- Mini-golf: Les Gets, Châtel, Morgins and Vallée d'Aulps.
- Road trains: Les Gets, Châtel, Morzine and Avoriaz.
- Inter-resort buses/shuttles: Balad'Aulps Bus, Colombus and TPC.
There are three different types of Portes du Soleil MultiPass:
1. Accredited MultiPass accommodation providers: People who are staying with an accredited MultiPass accommodation provider for a minimum of two days only pay €2.50 per person per day. Accredited providers include hotels, apartments, chalets and campsites – keep an eye out for the MultiPass logo on their website or check with them directly to see if they're accredited.
2. Non-MultiPass-accredited accommodation: People staying at hotels, chalets or campsites that aren't MultiPass accredited pay €12 per person per day.
3. Season MultiPass: There is also a summer season MultiPass that costs €80 per person.
NB: You'll need to add on the cost of a hands-free pass if you don't already have one at €1 per pass – this is non-refundable but you can use the pass again on your next visit. Activities are subject to availability, opening times and schedules by their operators, in accordance with their conditions of sale.
Free lift passes in Avoriaz
Who can use the lifts for free in Avoriaz?
Children aged under five years old and people aged over 75 years old can use the lifts for free.
- Proof of age required at the moment of purchase.
- A €1 fee will be charged for the hands-free card.
Mountain bike lift passes in Avoriaz
For many people, summer in Avoriaz is all about mountain biking, which is understandable as the resort sits in the heart of one of Europe's best MTB areas: the Portes du Soleil. Whilst there are a number of paths setting off from resort, in order to make the most of the more than 600km of marked trails, you need to use the lifts. Nearly all of the chairlifts and cable cars in the area are equipped to carry bikes in the summer so you really can roam at your leisure.
How much are mountain bike passes in Portes du Soleil?
Portes du Soleil mountain bike passes give access to five world-renowned bike parks: Morzine, Avoriaz, Les Gets, Châtel and Champéry-Morgins. And a total of 20 lifts across two different countries, France and Switzerland, with over 600km of mountain bike trails and 35 tailor-made routes for e-bike riders. Mountain bike passes in Portes du Soleil are available from five hours to 13 days, as well as for the whole summer season.
|Mountain Bike Lift Pass Prices Portes du Soleil 2022|
|Youth* / Senior*
16-25 yrs / 65+ yrs
*These prices are discounted if you purchase online. Hands free card supplement: 3.00€.
How much are mountain bike passes in Avoriaz?
In Avoriaz, mountain bike passes give access to 14 downhill and three enduro mountain bike trails, as well as 11 e-bike routes, a cross-country path and a pump track in the heart of the resort. Lifts include: Super-Morzine gondola, Prodains Cable Car, Zore, Séraussaix, Lindarets, Chaux-Fleurie and Mossettes.
|Mountain Bike Lift Pass Prices Avoriaz 2022|
|Youth / Senior
16-25 yrs / 65+ yrs
*Single = one ascent or one descent. Unused tickets will not be reimbursed. Hands free card supplement: 3.00€.
Prices shown are a guide only, to be confirmed at time of booking; further terms and conditions may apply. Prices may be subject to changes in VAT
Pedestrian passes in Avoriaz
There are around 850km of mountain paths for hikers and trail runners in the Portes du Soleil, with 140km of them in the Morzine-Avoriaz area. To access many of these routes, you'll need to take a lift.
How much are pedestrian passes in Avoriaz?
In Avoriaz, pedestrians can use the same lifts as the mountain bikers: Super-Morzine and Prodains Cable Car, Mossettes, Chaux-Fleurie and Lindarets chairlifts, as well as the Zore and Seraussaix chairlifts, although uphill only. These passes are only available at the lift pass offices in resort.
Due to the establishment of a one-way traffic on the route d'Ardent, a special rate is set up to encourange the use of the gondola and favour the environment. These tickets are only on sale at the Ardent Ticket Office.
|Ardent Gondola Lift Pass Prices 2022|
|Ticket||1 person||2 people||3 people||4 people||Additional person|
|Single €||3||6||7.50||9||+4 per person|
|Return €||6||12||15||18||+4 per person|
Journeys not used will not be refunded. Prices shown here are a guide only, to be confirmed at time of booking; further terms & conditions may apply. Prices may be subject to changes in VAT.
Read more about the summer lift system in Avoriaz and find out more about the variety of summer activities you can do on your visit. Or, if you're coming in the winter, take a look at our Ski Pass Prices guide for summer lift pass price comparisons.