Avoriaz is a resort in what makes up one of the world’s largest ski areas, the Portes du Soleil (PDS). The PDS is home to 197 lifts, which enable you to access 650km of snow covered pistes, and link up 13 villages across France and Switzerland. Of those pistes, 105 are red runs, and 26 black. Avoriaz alone has 34 lifts, giving access to 51 ski runs. It is a family friendly ski resort, so the majority of runs are blue, but I’m here to give you a grand tour of the best red and black runs in resort.
Starting from Prodains, ski down to the Grandes Combes chair lift. This lift is a hidden gem, one worth knowing about. It’s one of the best lifts in Avoriaz for a number of reasons. Firstly, it’s tucked away in the trees, slightly off the home run piste, and therefore it tends to get less traffic than the other lifts that will take you to the top of the Arare. Secondly, it takes you to the top of three out of four black runs in Avoriaz; the Combe du Machon, Coupe du Monde and Arête des Intrêts.
More Avoriaz Insights...
- Travellers welcome to Avoriaz from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- Get -50% off your Portes du Soleil 2020/21 season pass
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Avoriaz
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Introducing Huski - A meal delivery company in Avoriaz