The sun will shine bright to start the new year 2020 in Avoriaz. Thanks to the dumps we got at the beginning of the season, there's a very good base layer on all the slopes making for great on-piste conditions.
Christmas week was very snowy in Avoriaz so conditions on the pistes are currently very good – even if you may find some icy patches in the shade, the snow softens up as the sun warms up the slopes. The slopes are a bit busier this week as holidaymakers come to celebrate the new year but there are plenty of ways to avoid the queues... just follow Giles' advice.
Happy new year!
More Avoriaz Insights...
- Travellers welcome to Avoriaz from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- Get -50% off your Portes du Soleil 2020/21 season pass
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Avoriaz
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Introducing Huski - A meal delivery company in Avoriaz