The third Thursday in November is when this year's Beaujolais hits the shelves and is cause for celebration across France.
Beaujolais Nouveau is a red wine made from Gamay grapes, fermented for just a few weeks before being being distributed to bars, shops and restaurants.
The wine may not be to everyone's taste but "Beaujolais Nouveau Day" has become an annual tradition, with many bars in Avoriaz holding wine tasting sessions.
More Avoriaz Insights...
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- Get -50% off your Portes du Soleil 2020/21 season pass
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Avoriaz
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Introducing Huski - A meal delivery company in Avoriaz
- Almost 2m of snow in the past 10 days in Avoriaz