Storm Ciara arrived in Avoriaz on Monday night bringing very high winds, rain and some snow at altitude. However, Wednesday saw around 10cm of fresh snowfall on the slopes which means that there are some pockets of soft snow even if the pistes have some hard patches – time to sharpen those edges!
The weather is calming down now, looking promising for the UK half-term week. There may be a top-up of snow on Thursday night and then the forecast suggests that we'll get a combination of sunshine and clouds with some more snow on Monday night into Tuesday.
More Avoriaz Insights...
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Avoriaz
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Introducing Huski - A meal delivery company in Avoriaz
- Almost 2m of snow in the past 10 days in Avoriaz
- Avoriaz Dump Alert - 6th March 2020
- Rock the Pistes Avoriaz 2020 cancelled