Two British skiers were seriously injured yesterday afternoon after a tree hit the Esserts gondola they were travelling in.
The cabin was hit by the tree at around 3pm yesterday afternoon and the two skiers fell around 5 metres to the ground.
High winds also closed the link between Avoriaz ans Chatel yesterday and in other parts of the Portes du Soleil.
More Avoriaz Insights...
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- Get -50% off your Portes du Soleil 2020/21 season pass
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Avoriaz
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Introducing Huski - A meal delivery company in Avoriaz
- Almost 2m of snow in the past 10 days in Avoriaz