The 1 Day 1 Col is a great cycle initiative by the Savoie Mont Blanc tourism board which will see a mountain col closed to all motor traffic to make way for road-bikers on specific dates throughout the summer. Here it's the col de Ramaz and col de Joux Plane.
Starting in June, Operation ‘1 Day, 1 Col’ sees 12 of Savoie Mont Blanc’s most famous cols shut to traffic and solely dedicated to cyclists for half a day. In its third year, ‘1 Day, 1 Col’ not only lets those wanting to cycle France’s mythical cols do so without worrying about cars, there is also entertainment and refreshments at each event and all are completely free!
Certain cols will be closed for the day. More info via the website link above.
Dates for this event
More Avoriaz Insights...
- Travellers welcome to Avoriaz from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- Get -50% off your Portes du Soleil 2020/21 season pass
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Avoriaz
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Introducing Huski - A meal delivery company in Avoriaz