Lots more snow in Avoriaz after another day and night of stormy conditions up high. Avoriaz has received almost 2 metres of snow in the past 10 days after the dumps began on February 26th. Much of that snow has fallen with cold temperatures, giving us high-quality powder – the soft and dry stuff.
Some of the recent days have been as good as it gets. However, the precipitation on March 5th came during a warmer spell, with a freezing level around 1800m. We’ve had another 40cm over the past 24 hours above 2000m but below 1600m things are pretty crunchy as a lot of it fell as rain.
Avalanche risk is at 4/5 today and the off-piste is currently quite dangerous and difficult. Whilst the current surface conditions aren’t epic, the depth of the snowpack is and we have excellent cover setting us up perfectly for the rest of the season.
More Avoriaz Insights...
- Get -50% off your Portes du Soleil 2020/21 season pass
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Avoriaz
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Introducing Huski - A meal delivery company in Avoriaz
- Avoriaz Dump Alert - 6th March 2020
- Almost 2m of snow in the past 10 days in Avoriaz