Following a couple of (mostly) sunny weeks, the clouds began to creep in at around 09:00 on Friday morning. By midday, the snow had started to fall, albeit quite wet and heavy. As the day wore on, however, the freezing level dropped and the snow quality improved greatly. By 15:00, visibility had deteriorated a great deal as the amount of snow falling kept increasing. The freezing level also continued dropping with rain turning to snow at the bottom of Ardent by 15:30.
By the evening, the freezing level had dropped all the way to Morzine and the snow had continued overnight. It looks as though there has been at least 30cm of fresh snow on the higher slopes which will provide a very welcome top-up.
Despite the lack of snow, for the last two weeks conditions had remained good. Finally, the powder has returned!
More [resname] Insights...
- Mixed snow conditions in Avoriaz
- Lots of snow & mixed weather in Avoriaz
- Avoriaz Dump Alert - 5th February 2020
- Avoriaz in February 2020 - What weather to expect & what to do
- Avoriaz Dump Alert - 29th January 2020
- A lot of snow expected in Avoriaz